Umesh Patel is Head of Global Reference Programs at Fujitsu Global, where he’s been leading customer marketing for the past eight years. Umesh believes that customer stories provide tangible evidence for how companies help customers realize their visions, and you can tell that he gets so much joy out of connecting with people.
On this episode, we cover:
- What bid marketing is, and how that influenced his current approach to customer marketing
- The difference between references and advocacy
- How he structures his 4-person global team to meet massive scale at a 130,000+ person company
- Why he’ll never say no to a customer that wants to participate
- The ways in which he constantly beats the drum and raises awareness of his program internally
- Why he thinks customer marketers shouldn’t get too wrapped up in quantitative measurement, but focus more on qualitative
You can find the full transcript here.
Thanks for tuning in! If you enjoyed this podcast, I would be over the moon if you could share it with others, especially those in the customer marketing and advocacy space.