“At the end of the day, the biggest, [most] important thing in this role is that customer relationship. You don’t want to lose that customer relationship just to get another customer.” – Liv Schichtel
Liv Schichtel is the Customer Marketing Manager at AvidXchange. A popularly requested topic for this show is around setting up sales reference programs, and Liv came highly recommended as a marvelous example of a team of one who has been able to increase her pool of references by 4X in a year by implementing thoughtful processes and partnering with other teams. She’s incredibly data-driven and I love how she’s constantly thinking about how she can improve the program over time. You can connect with Liv on LinkedIn.
On this episode, we cover:
- How Liv measured success when she first launched the program compared to one year later
- Her plan of attack when it came to increasing the pool of references
- How she partnered with customer success leadership and incentivized their team to add customers to the program
- The importance of finding internal advocates to help spread the word about the reference program
- How she tries to make the reference process as self-serve as possible (tool mentioned: ReferenceEdge)
You can find the full transcript of the episode here.
Thanks for tuning in! If you enjoyed this podcast, I would be over the moon if you could share it with others, especially those in the customer marketing and advocacy space. For more interviews with advocacy leaders and tips on creating customers that will sing your praises, head on over to beatingthedrum.com.