“To me, customer centricity is the foundation. And you really need it.” – Lauren Harris
Lauren Harris is the Director of Global Customer Programs at Oracle. One of the areas where she’s driven a ton of value is in leading their customer review team, covering 6+ lines of business, 3 vendors, and over 15 functional areas. Third-party reviews are more important than ever because the way that many customers buy has fundamentally changed.
You can find Lauren on LinkedIn.
On this episode, we cover:
- Why you don’t have to be scared of negative reviews
- Why it’s important to have a mix of positive and negative reviews
- How companies can bake generating reviews into their customer journey instead of doing one-off review campaigns
- Her tips for how to get cross-departmental buy-in by painting a vision
- Her definition of customer centricity — and why it’s sorely needed
- How the voice of the customer can be a competitive advantage
Here are some additional resources:
- TrustRadius 2020 Buying Disconnect Report
- Build An Effective Customer Advocacy Program By Knowing The Four Advocate Types
- The Buyers’? Journey is Not “Changing”?
- Need Data to Justify the Value of Reviews?
- Customer Review Vendor Selection
You can find the full transcript of the episode here.
Thanks for tuning in! If you enjoyed this podcast, I would be over the moon if you could share it with others, especially those in the customer marketing and advocacy space. For more interviews with advocacy leaders and tips on creating customers that will sing your praises, head on over to beatingthedrum.com.