“For me, it’s what is the ‘why’ behind what people are doing and how can I bring that to light.” – Ben Bradley
Ben Bradley is the Founder and Director of Right Hand Films. We previously worked together on several customer testimonial videos during my time at Rubrik. (Fun fact: the quality and artistry of his videos was actually one of the reasons I decided to join the company in the first place!) As customer marketers and advocacy practitioners, we are always telling our customers’ stories in one fashion or another—and I think there’s so much we can learn from storytellers who specialize in other mediums. This episode is chock-full of tips on how you can take your video storytelling to the next level, whether you’re new to the process or have been doing this for a while.
On this episode, we cover:
- How Ben uses the book, Start With Why, to create compelling narratives
- The importance of remembering that customer videos are meant to evoke emotional responses—and how to do so with highly technical products
- Tips for making your customers comfortable before and during video shoots, and bringing out the best in them on camera with limited time
- How to “create the scene” with compelling b-roll
- Editing customer videos in a way that grabs your audience immediately
- DIY tips for customer videos on a budget
You can find the full transcript of the episode here.
Thanks for tuning in! If you enjoyed this podcast, I would be over the moon if you could share it with others, especially those in the customer marketing and advocacy space. For more interviews with advocacy leaders and tips on creating customers that will sing your praises, head on over to beatingthedrum.com.