“It’s about taking a moment to think about what you can do to support that customer. It just changes the conversation massively.” – Julie Ilott
Julie Ilott is the Senior EMEA Customer Marketing Manager at Talkdesk and has previously worked at enterprise technology brands like Oracle and Dell EMC. She has nearly 20 years of experience in the customer marketing space and has partnered with some incredible brands to tell their stories, including Callaway Golf, Yamaha Motor, and NBC Sports. You can find Julie on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On this episode, we cover:
- The ask-centric nature of customer advocacy—and how to move away from it
- How Julie persuades countless enterprise brands to work together by thinking outside the box
- How to create mutually beneficial, win-win partnerships with customers
- Understanding the resources at your disposal to help promote and showcase customers
- The cultural nuances of running customer marketing programs in EMEA and APAC
- The evolution from “customer references” to “customer marketing and advocacy”
You can find the full transcript of the episode here.
Thanks for tuning in! If you enjoyed this podcast, I would be over the moon if you could share it with others, especially those in the customer marketing and advocacy space. For more interviews with advocacy leaders and tips on creating customers that will sing your praises, head on over to beatingthedrum.com.